Monday, March 18, 2019

Thing 03 Photo Fun

Thing03 Photo Fun

  I chose to combine my retirement project along
 with the next step of my life following retirement
 this year and learn a bit about Instagram in the 
 process. Really don't use much of the social media 
 thing and think that at times it is a detriment to how
 people communicate. This becomes especially true 
 in it seems all classroom situations as it has become
 a constant battle with all students.
  Anyways,back to business. Since I teach CTE classes
in our district and place a great value on Hands-on 
learning I decided to feature a poster outlining what my
business would be all about and decided to make this
a lesson in my Business Class. The "Change The World 
Project" would allow each student to share their ideas 
 for their own business and create a similar but not 
identical poster describing their choice of a business.
This would have to include photos, graphics and 
manipulation of text all available on the Poster my 
wall website. The nice thing about it is that it had several 
templates for use in the classroom which would be great
for the diverse population that we see in the RCSD. 
  The nice thing about it allowed you to download a small 
about the size of a small flyer size for free. My favorite 
thing about this it was very, very user friendly and is just 
ideal for high school students! 

  One issue I did have was I wanted to add my own photos to the poster and I imported them into remove.bg because they had terrible backgrounds and I wanted to remove the backgrounds.  But, remove.bg only removes backgrounds if there is at least one person in the picture.  That was a bummer.

1 comment: